The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a special type of Employment Pass that is not tied to a specific employer. The biggest benefit of having a PEP work permit is that you can switch jobs without re-applying for a new employment pass provided that you are not unemployed for more than six months.
- Overseas applicant earning a minimum salary of $8,000 per month at least 6 months prior to the date of application;
- A former P1 Employment Pass holder who resides overseas;
- A current P1 Employment Pass holder;
- A current P2 Employment Pass holder with at least 2 years of working experience under the same category and has earned a fixed salary of at least S$34,000 in the preceding year.
- A current Q1 Employment Pass holder with at least 5 years of working experience under the same category and has earned a fixed salary of at least S$34,000 in the preceding year.
- A foreign graduate from institutions of higher learning in Singapore with at least two years of working experience on a P or Q1 Employment Pass and a minimum annual income of S$34,000.
Validity: PEP is issued for 5 years and non-renewable. Permanent Residence Eligibility: PEP holders are eligible to apply for PR status in due course.